This is the Kromhouthal
The Kromhouthal is part of business park De Overkant which covers over 35.000 m² . Approximately 10.000 m² of which can be used to host events, distributed over the Kromhouthal (over 3.500 m² ), the other buildings – among which Dansmakers Amsterdam and Restaurant STORK – and the outside terrain (together 7.000 m² ).
In the old days STORK’s and Kromhout’s factory motors roared and the factory workers ruled. That rough character has been preserved. The cranes, the steel constructions, the 15 meter high ceilings and its 3.500 m² surface area give the hall, and your event, a unique ‘look and feel’. The façade of the hall lies directly at the IJ shore and offers your guests a magnificent panoramic view of the water and the Amsterdam city centre.
Through its adjustable size and its flexibility, the area is suitable for both corporate, commercial and cultural events. The location is delivered empty so you can create the atmosphere you desire for your event. You can also use the outside terrain as part of your event. Everything is possible at the Kromhouthal!
Length: 140 m
Width: 15 – 32 m
Height: 5 – 15 m
approximately 3.500 m²
Theatre arrangement: 2.000
– Electrics: 8 x 125A, 11 x 63A, 11 x 32A, 25 x 16A en 4 x 230V distributed throughout the event hall
– Water connection
– Heating: Energy efficient with ventilation
– Toilets: 18 toilets, 7 urinals and 1 disability/accessible toilet (divided over 2 toilet groups)
– Dressing rooms: Two dressing rooms equipped with toilet and shower
– WI-FI: 100mn glassfiber network and multiple free WI-FI networks available
– Lighting: Standard work lighting available
– Cranes: 7 active cranes on two levels which can moved across the building
– Obfuscation: Half the roof on the IJ side of the events hall can be darkened by electric blinds. Furthermore the roof on the North side can be manually darkened through a roof blind system
Loading and unloading
The Kromhouthal has two sliding doors, one on the front and one on the side of the hall. These allow lorries or trucks to enter the building.
The Kromhouthal is accessible for wheelchairs. An elevator is available to provide access to the break-out rooms on the first floor.
On the terrain there are 60 standard parking spaces. Besides that, there are approximately 200 open parking spaces and there is also free parking in the neighborhood. The possibility exists to rent an extra parking area on demand. This parking area is located 500 m from the Kromhouthal.